Eat Well Saskatchewan – A Dietitian Call Centre Pilot Project for First Nations Communities
The Government of Canada, First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (Saskatchewan) and Dietitians of
Canada are excited to launch Eat Well Saskatchewan – a dietitian call centre pilot project for First
Nations communities in Saskatchewan. This service will provide free, easy access to the trusted advice of
a dietitian via telephone or email to First Nations communities in Saskatchewan and their health
providers to improve healthy eating knowledge and behaviours.
Eat Well Saskatchewan will be piloted for a 3-month period beginning January 8, 2018 and ending
March 29, 2018. The toll-free line is 1-833-782-7800 and will be open Monday to Friday 10 am – 4 pm
(except statutory holidays). Outside of these hours, callers may leave a voice mail message and a
As health professionals and organizations who are committed to supporting the health and wellness of
Saskatchewan residents, particularly First Nations communities, we hope you will help us promote this
service to ensure that Saskatchewan First Nations communities are aware of and using this service.
What can you do?
- Hang up the Eat Well Saskatchewan posters in your workplace where clients can easily see
- Hand out the Eat Well Saskatchewan postcards and FAQ document to clients and encourage
them to use the service.
- Share the Eat Well Saskatchewan information on your organization’s website.
- Share the Eat Well Saskatchewan information on your social media pages. Here are three ready-to-go tweets you can use throughout the pilot project:
- Eating well for your health just got easier! Eat Well Saskatchewan is a FREE service connecting Saskatchewan First Nations communities to a dietitian. Call 1-833-782-7800.
- Have you heard of Eat Well Saskatchewan? It is a dietitian call centre pilot project for Saskatchewan First Nations communities. The service provides FREE, confidential, easyaccess to the trusted advice of a dietitian via toll-free number or email.
- Have a question about healthy eating? Eat Well Saskatchewan is a FREE service connecting Saskatchewan First Nations communities to a dietitian. Call 1-833-782-7800.