2019 Coachella Music Festival & Continuing Education
About this Seminar
If you are into music and would like to get in some Continuing Professional Dental Education (CPDE) credits – then this is the program for you!
We will be hosting a CPDE seminar that coincides with the first weekend of the Coachella Music Festival1 in 2019 from April 10 – 15, 2019.
CPDE seminar will be presented by Dr. Scott Coleman on:
Everyday Esthetics with Direct and Indirect Approaches
Esthetic expectations are a component of every patient’s experience in today’s general practice. As a profession, we have moved from the realm of pain relief and function restoration in our practices to improving and enhancing esthetic nature of a smile. This course is designed for the busy dentist who wants to stay current with the available materials and concepts of dental esthetics.
We will discuss what matters most in dental esthetics, using a six-point checklist of things to consider with every smile. Materials and procedures for altering and correcting the six areas will be covered in detail. The current state of materials available for CAD/CAM same-appointment restorations as well as multi-visit traditional indirect restorations will be presented. The predominant direct composite materials will be reviewed along with the appropriate resin bonding agents.
- Understand the current materials and capabilities of CAD/CAM ethetics
- Know what composite materials are available and the limitations of each
- Understand the current generation of bonding agents
- Look ahead to what is coming in the near future from these materials
The seminar will be April 11 from 8AM to 4PM and April 12 from 8 - 11AM. There will be 10 CE credits awarded. This event is sponsored by Kavo Kerr. There will be a maximum of 30 spaces for this seminar.
We have come up with a few different packages:
1. Standard King Room Packages: - $8,019.54 Dentist only
- $10,794.05 Dentist + Guest
2. Standard Double Room Packages: - $6,050.77/person (2 people sharing a room)
- $5,308.69/person (3 people sharing a room)
- $4,937.65/person (4 people sharing a room)
3. Course Only:$1,050.00
Packages include: seminar fee, optional components are airfare, 5 nights’ accommodation and, 3-day VIP Coachella Music Festival Ticket and shuttle transportation to/from the festival. You are not required to stay at the host hotel to attend the seminar. You are welcome to book your own travel and festival tickets if you prefer. Based on last year’s feedback the only way to do this festival is with the VIP ticket. At peak attendance last year there were 133,000 at Coachella – the VIP areas provide a nice reprieve and you may even bump into a few stars at the same time! Here are the benefits to a Coachella VIP ticket:
- Allows entrance to the venue, day parking lots and the three venue VIP areas for all three days.
- The main VIP area is located adjacent to the main stage (under white peaked tents) and consists of shaded areas, picnic tables, extra restrooms, food & beverage vendors and a full cash bar (credit accepted).
- The second VIP area is located directly next to the Sahara tent in the beautiful Rose Garden complete with extra seating, restrooms, specialty food & beverage vendors, full cash bars, and a spectacular view of thousands of roses.
- The newest VIP area is located next to the Gobi Tent.
- Enjoy the shade, extra food & beverage vendors, full cash bars (credit accepted) and additional restrooms.
PRICING BREAKDOWN AND PAYMENT TIMELINES
Click here for full breakdown of costs and timelines surrounding payments.
Registration and payments can be made by filling out the waiver and booking forms and faxing attention Jason Korte, Director of Events and Marketing Communications with College of Dental Surgeons of Saskatchewan at 306-244-2476.
Click here to download waiver
Click here to download booking forms
The host hotel for this program which includes accommodations and lecture space is the Ace Hotel and Swim Club in Palm Springs, California. To check out this fun, hip, 4-star property, go to: http://www.acehotel.com/palmsprings
1. Inclusion in the Coachella Music Festival component will require completion and signature of waiver and acknowledgement.
2. Except where in its sole discretion the College of Dental Surgeons of Saskatchewan’s Continuing Dental Education Program cancels the Event and/or course seminar in its entirety for whatever reason, any and all payments received are non-refundable, regardless of whether the guest attends some or all of the Event and/or course seminar.
3. The accommodations and Coachella VIP tickets are subject to the currency exchange rate at the time the payment is processed and subsequently may vary from the amount estimated above. The actual amount in Canadian Dollars that will show on your credit card statement will vary depending on the exchange rate charged by your credit card company and the time the payment is processed.
4. Airfare is estimated using Saskatoon as the departure city, and quotes were obtained as of June 3, 2018. Airfare pricing may change depending on departure city. Pricing, fees and taxes are always subject to change up until the time of ticketing. The actual cost of airfare will be determined at the time of purchase and consequently may vary from the estimated amount provided above.
5. All credit card information will be kept secure and destroyed/deleted after the last payment is received.
About Dr. Scott Coleman
Dr. Coleman’s institutional education and intensive continuing education have elevated him to the top of his field. He graduated cumlaude from Stephen F. Austin State University in 1980 with a major in biology and a minor in chemistry. He went onto earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree, graduating first in his class at the University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston in 1984. Dr. Coleman is a clinical adjunct professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Dentistry. He has lectured internationally on dental techniques and technology as well as published articles on dental techniques.
When Dr. Coleman isn’t treating patients, or serving on the Board of Regents of his almamater, Stephen F. Austin State University, he leads a very active lifestyle. Dr. Coleman is an avid upland bird hunter, and a licensed pilot and scuba diver.